Converting Thunderbird Contacts to Outlook.
Instruction describes how to export your Thunderbird address book contacts to the comma separated (*.CSV) file and convert them to Microsoft Outlook contact records.
How to Export Thunderbird Contacts to File?
- Run Mozilla Thunderbird mail client
- Click “Address Book” menu item (Tools | Address Book for older Thunderbird versions)
- Select the Address Book to export
- Click menu Tools | Export…
- Enter the file name to save contacts
- Choose the “Comma Separated” in the “File Type” drop-box
- Press “Save” button
How to Import Thunderbird Contacts to Outlook?
- Run Microsoft Office Outlook
- Go to menu – File | Open | Import
- Choose “Import from another program or file” item and press Next button
- Choose “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” item and press Next button
- Enter the full patch and the address book file name into “File to Import:” field. You may use the “Browse …” button to choose the file using standard Windows dialog.
- Choose the appropriate option if needed and press Next Button. The option “Allow duplicates to be created” is set by default.
- Select destination Outlook folder to import the Thunderbird contacts and press Next button. It is recommended to choose the “Contacts” folder as it intended to store contacts, however you may choose any other folder.
- Press “Map Custom Fields …” button and correct the relations between Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook contact fields. (see example below)
- Optionally: Press “Change Destination …” button to change the target Outlook folder
- Press “Finish” button to start the Thunderbird contacts import. Please note that this operation may take a few minutes and cannot be canceled.
- Import and Export Progress window will be shown while the contacts are copied.
- Outlook Contacts will be created.
Contact Fields Maping Example:
“Business Address” section can be mapped as follows:
- Organization > Company
- Work Address > Business Street
- Work Address 2 > Business Street 2
- Work City > Business City
- Work State > Business State
- Work ZipCode > Business Postal Code
- Work Country > Business Country
* -Other fields can be mapped the same way.